Panoramic lake view from this rare find, 4 bed 3 bath modern home. This gorgeous level entry rancher with walk-out basement features walls of south facing windows with extra height ceilings to let in the natural light and absorb the stunning views. Also features an oversized double garage for all the toys. Located just steps away from the amenity center which features a pool, hot tub, pickleball and tennis co...
This charming 1959 character home boasts a prime downtown location with development potential. The upper level offers two spacious bedrooms, a 4 piece bathroom with heated floors and a huge kitchen. The lower level features a private one-bedroom suite (could be 2), perfect for guests or potential rental income. Additionally, the detached 24x13 garage provides convenient parking and storage space. Currently te...
Introducing a charming townhouse that offers the perfect blend of comfort and convenience. With 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, this home is designed to accommodate your family's needs. Step into the private fenced yard, where you can enjoy outdoor gatherings and create lasting memories. The two parking spaces provide hassle-free parking options, ensuring your vehicles are always secure and accessible. One stando...
Super cute 3 bedroom home featuring almost 2,000 sq. ft. of easy living close to the downtown core and boasting a 24' x 22' detached garage. Revel in the comfort of 2 beautifully renovated bathrooms with quartz counters, custom tiled showers and heated floors. Enjoy the ambiance of the wood-burning fireplace upstairs and a gas fireplace downstairs, perfect for cozy gatherings or quiet movie nights in the impr...
Introducing an exceptional real estate opportunity with stunning city and lake views in a beautifully updated home. This property boasts a City approved basement suite, multiple upgrades, and extreme privacy on a large .387-acre lot. Be captivated by its charm and modern amenities. Inside, discover updates that transformed this residence into a contemporary haven. Upgraded windows bring natural light, while t...
Introducing a stunning 6-bedroom home with picturesque valley views, boasting numerous updates throughout. You'll fall in love with the gorgeous en-suite bathroom and the convenience of being located in the heart of wine country. The property features a 2-bedroom ground-level suite, backing onto serene crown land. Large rooms, dynamic layout, both gas and wood burning fireplaces, this is a beautiful family ho...
Rare opportunity for a fantastic 1 acre, Lakeview home, located on prestigious Valleyview Road just minutes from beach, parks, and recreation. This charismatic home features a primary bedroom with en-suite on the main floor along with a charming vaulted living room showcasing a gas fireplace and granite stone masonry. From there you flow into the dining room and kitchen all of which showcase panoramic views o...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015